Kalamazoo, Mich. — No kids. No significant others. Just you and your ladies getting together for a weekend away!
So, get your calendar out — you’ll want to pencil this in.
The inaugural Girlfriends Getaway Kalamazoo weekend happens in downtown Feb. 28 through March 2, and with this lineup of events, there’s something for everyone — whether your in your 20s or 80s. So, feel free to bring mom!
Registration for the whole weekend is $100, which includes a cocktail hour, fashion show, two brunches, activities of your choosing (see paragraph below), and beyond. Want to only come on Saturday? Register for only $70. Click to register.
On Saturday, pick and choose activities that you’d love to try (some cost extra):
• Learn to make an ottoman or paper wreath
• Get a lesson in belly-dancing
• Sign-a-long to the movie “Grease” at Alamo Drafthouse (you can even enjoy a cocktail or two while you’re there)
• Channel your inner Julia Child in a cupcake-decorating challenge
• Stretch your body and mind with yoga
• Learn about the art of craft beer from a local female brewer (yes, you get to taste it too!)
• Sip on wine while enjoying pairings
• Transform with a facial and make-up application
If you’re coming for the weekend, you’ll need a place to stay in Kalamazoo. We’ve got you covered. Many Kalamazoo hotels and bed & breakfasts are offering special packages for ladies coming for Girlfriends Getaway — just make sure to mention “Girlfriends Getaway” when booking your room.
You can also keep in touch with Girlfriends Getaway by finding them on Facebook.
Click here for more things to do in Kalamazoo!