Join Our Team
Discover Kalamazoo values our committed, motivated and hard-working staff. Check out our current open position listed below. If you believe you have the dedication and skills to join our team of professionals, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Marketing and Communications Intern
Discover Kalamazoo Communications/Marketing Internship
The Discover Kalamazoo Communications/Marketing Intern will work as part of the Discover Kalamazoo team, under the supervision of the Communications/Marketing staff, to provide assistance in promoting Kalamazoo County as a destination for visitors, potential visitors and residents alike. The intern will interact with the Discover Kalamazoo team members, community hospitality partners, media representatives and other key constituents on a daily basis to help build and maintain a strong hospitality partner network. The position requires 15-20 hours a week.
The Communications Intern will work on the following projects:
• Organizing, implementing and publicizing programs/events related to Discover Kalamazoo and the community as a whole
• Designing, developing and updating materials used to promote Kalamazoo County to a variety of audiences
• Implementing a social media plan
• Gathering information and updating the Discover Kalamazoo website
• Organizing and updating media contact lists
• Disseminating information to media outlets
• Researching information and writing for a Discover Kalamazoo e-newsletters
• Participating in biweekly Discover Kalamazoo team meetings
• Other tasks as needed
• Undergraduate (Junior or Senior) or graduate Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Graphic Design student
• Creative, ambitious, energetic and motivated to share our community with others
• Excellent skills in verbal and written communication
• Interest in and knowledge of social media opportunities and their use in public relations and marketing
• Computer technical skills, including PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, InDesign and Photoshop
• Must be reliable and demonstrate excellent follow-through, project management, teamwork and technical skills
• Must be able to commit to the position through December.
This is an unpaid internship. Discover Kalamazoo will work with the selected candidate and University staff for maximum allowable college credit.