CTA Volunteer Opportunity Promotion
Partners of Discover Kalamazoo may request assistance in promoting volunteer opportunities to Certified Tourism Ambassadors to augment their staff/volunteers for their event. We cannot guarantee volunteer positions will be filled, as volunteering is an individual decision made by each person.
The following types of opportunities will be considered for promotion:
· Information tables
· Greeter/Hospitality Room
The following types of opportunities will not be considered for promotion:
· Providing transportation/shuttle driver
· Trash pickup/collection
· Providing babysitting/daycare/children’s activities
Please keep the following in mind when requesting promotion of volunteer opportunities:
· Volunteers shall not be asked to assume the professional responsibilities of partner and/or event organization staff.
· What time of day and week volunteers are needed. Most volunteers are available after work hours and on evenings and weekends.
· Whenever possible, multiple volunteer opportunities from multiple organizations will be promoted.
· In most cases, we are unable to promote volunteer opportunities more than once.
Requests for assistance promoting volunteer opportunities should be made at least 60 days in advance of your event in writing to Renee Newman at RNewman@DiscoverKalamazoo.com.
Requests for promoting volunteer opportunities should include the following:
· Organization name and mission
· Event name and description
· Volunteer job description
· Time expectations
· Skills needed
· Contact person for additional details and/or to register to volunteer