By: Kayla Kiley
Communications & Digital Manager, Discover Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, Mich. — If you have cabin fever, most Pure Michigan residents say the best cure is to get out and enjoy the snow!
Sledding can be a fun and low-cost way for all ages to explore Kalamazoo’s winter wonderland.
But do you know where the top-notch hills are located?
We asked our fans to share their favorite sledding hills in greater Kalamazoo:
• Kindleberger Park: 650 S. Riverview Dr., Parchment (many different levels of hills)
• Portage Northern High School: 1000 Idaho Ave., Portage (by the baseball field — out back there’s a steep hill)
• Echo Valley: 8495 E. H Ave., Kalamazoo (pay to toboggan, snow tube)
• Woods Lake Elementary School: 3215 Oakland Dr., Kalamazoo (hill behind the school)
• Spring Valley Elementary School: 3530 Mt. Olivet Rd., Kalamazoo (hill behind the school)
• Milham Park Golf Course: 4200 Lovers Ln., Kalamazoo
• Western Michigan University’s former East Hall: Kalamazoo (sled down into the old practice field)
• Hillside Middle School: 1941 Alamo Ave.. Kalamazoo (the hill behind the school)
• Oakland Drive Park: 7650 Oakland Dr., Portage
• Maple Street Magnet Middle School: 922 W Maple St., Kalamazoo(has stairs)
• Woods Lake Park: 2718 Oakland Dr., Kalamazoo (steep hill)
Additional sledding options:
• Snow Tubing/Ski at Bittersweet Ski Resort: 600 River Rd., Otsego
• Brookside Park: 117 E. Orleans, Otsego
• Thurl Cook Park: East end of Oak St./South end of Glenview Circle, Plainwell
• Snow Tubing/Ski at Timber Ridge Ski Area: 7500 23 1/2 St., Gobles
• Milham Park: 400 E Kilgore Rd., Kalamazoo
• Portage West Middle School: 7145 Moors Bridge Rd., Kalamazoo
Did we miss any? Let us know in the comments!
Click here to find info about more Kalamazoo events!