Give a Craft® Beer Trail
What is the Give A Craft® Beer Trail?
The beer culture is in full force in Kalamazoo. It’s a large part of our community. It’s part of our lifestyle. It’s part of the fabric of this town we call home. With 17 breweries and counting, Kalamazoo has become a craft beer destination. What better way to celebrate than with a beer trail?
The Give a Craft® beer trail is a fun way to experience Kalamazoo’s beer scene. Pick up a passport at participating breweries or Discover Kalamazoo and begin your adventure!
How it works
Visit each of the participating breweries and collect a unique stamp. Collect a stamp from at least 8 participating breweries to redeem your passport for a Give A Craft® bottle opener. Consider yourself an overachiever? Collect a stamp from all 17 participating brewery stops to receive a Give A Craft® T-Shirt!
Once your Give A Craft® beer trail passport has stamps from at least 8 participating breweries, return it to Discover Kalamazoo to receive your free Give A Craf® beer trail swag.
Give a Craft™ Rules
- You must be 21 or over to participate in the Give a Craf® beer trail
- Each person redeeming a prize needs to present his/her own completed passport, a photo ID and completed survey
- Stamps must be collected from at least 8 participating breweries to redeem your passport for a Give A Craft® bottle opener
- Collect stamps from all 17 participating brewery stops to get your extra swag – a Give A Craft® t-shirt
- Limit one bottle opener and one t-shirt per completed passport
- One passport per person
- No photocopies of the completed passport will be accepted
- Quantities of swag are limited
- No purchase is necessary to participate in the Give a Craft® beer trail
- Completed passports and surveys must be redeemed in person or by mail to Discover Kalamazoo
- Passports are available at Discover Kalamazoo, the information desk at the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport and at participating breweries
- Swag will not be given for incomplete passports
- There is no timeline to complete the passport. Take time to enjoy your trek, but remember swag is limited to stock on hand
- Are you a beer overachiever? Visit both Bell’s Brewery locations (Kalamazoo + Comstock) for your chance to score a little extra swag!
- There is no particular order to completing your passport..this allows ample time for diversions
How do I get my swag?
You can redeem your completed passport and survey by visiting Discover Kalamazoo at 240 West Michigan Kalamazoo, MI 49007. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm. there are occasions when we will close the office early to discover our area, so please call ahead to be sure we’re open. 269.488.9000.
And no, we don’t keep your passport. 🙂
You can also redeem your completed passport and survey by mail. Please send the following to Discover Kalamazoo at 240 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007:
- Your original, completed passport – including the survey (don’t worry, we’ll send your passport back!)
- A copy of a driver’s license or other ID showing birthdate for each passport
- Your mailing address
Where and when can I pick up my passport?
You can pick up a passport at any of the participating breweries, at Discover Kalamazoo and at the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek Intl. Airport.
What are the participating breweries?
Arcadia Brewing Company, Bell’s Brewery (Kalamazoo and Comstock locations), Boatyard Brewing Company, Bravo! Restaurant & Cafe, Distant Whistle Brewhouse, Final Gravity Brewery, Gonzo’s BiggDogg Brewing, Latitude 42 (Portage and Oshtemo) Olde Peninsula, One Well Brewing, Rupert’s Brew House, Texas Corners Brewing Company, Tibbs Brewing Company and Wax Wings Brewery.
How do I get my passport stamped?
Just ask any of the servers or bartenders at the participating breweries to stamp your passport!
If the office is not open when I want to redeem my completed passport, how do I get my swag?
You can mail in your completed passport and filled out survey (in the back of the passport) to Discover Kalamazoo at 240 Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007. Please note – if you choose to mail in your passport to redeem it for swag be sure to include a copy of your drivers license to verify that you are 21 or older and your return address so we know where to send your swag! And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to send your passport back to you!
If I have two partially completed passports, can I combine or consolidate them to get my swag?
You may not combine or consolidate partially completed passports and redeem for swag. All stamps must be in one singular passport during redemption.
What is the Give A Craft® Beer Trail swag?
If you collect 8 stamps from participating breweries you’ll get a beautiful metal credit card sized bottle opener with the official Give A Craft® logo on it. If you collect stamps from all 17 participating breweries you’ll score a nifty Give a Craft® t-shirt!
Is there a time limit to complete the trail?
There is no time limit or deadline to complete the trail!
Do I have to buy a beer to get a stamp?
There is no purchase necessary! So feel free to relax and simply enjoy the atmosphere of the breweries.
Can I turn in and redeem more than one passport at a time?
There is a limit of redeeming only one passport per person.
What do I need to have to redeem my passport for swag?
You must have your drivers license to verify that you are 21 or older, a completed passport with stamps from at least 8 participating breweries, as well as the completed survey that is located in the passport!
If I visit the Bell’s Comstock location and not the Kalamazoo location, does that count as my Bell’s visit?
You must have the Bell’s Brewery Kalamazoo location stamp in order to complete your passport. You may not substitute the Comstock stamp for the Kalamazoo stamp to redeem your passport for swag.
What is the extra credit Bell’s swag for also visiting the Comstock location?
They’re a pair of cool Bell’s shades (sunglasses).
Stay Safe. Be Smart.
We want you to have fun. But we also want you to be responsible, be smart and stay safe. Had one too many? Have a designated driver, call a cab or a car!