About Discover Kalamazoo
As the official destination marketing organization for Kalamazoo County, Discover Kalamazoo features a team of sales, service and marketing professionals who strive to inspire visitors and residents to discover Kalamazoo.
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to be the inspiration that encourages visitors and residents to discover Kalamazoo, with the vision of sharing Kalamazoo with everyone.
- Inspiring people to discover the Kalamazoo region for business and leisure travel
- Partnering with and supporting businesses and organizations attracting visitors to the destination
- Promoting events, activities and the destination to visitors and resident
- Exceeding visitor expectations by providing outstanding customer service
- Providing leadership and recognized experience to the tourism industry
- Serving as an authentic and invaluable resource for the destination
We are outstanding ambassadors.
- We are passionately proud of our community, and we represent it with operational excellence.
We embrace diversity and inclusion.
- We commit to equity because we understand that equity is the foundation of diversity and inclusion and we recognize that we can’t be outstanding ambassadors without it. We are creating an organization that reflects the diversity of our community and visitors to ensure all are valued and welcomed.
We exude contagious positivity.
- Our cups are always half full. We act with positive intent and assume others do, too.
We have a growth mindset.
- We are curious and courageous. We empower ourselves and each other to try new things and we are not afraid to fail.
We act with integrity and empathy.
- We are honest, transparent, and ethical. We care about our team’s wellbeing. We treat people with dignity and respect.
WHAT WE DO
We work to provide the resources, platforms and opportunities for individual local businesses to market their services and products to a variety of travel audiences, including leisure tourists, convention planners and meeting/trade show attendees. As a result of our collaborative efforts, the Kalamazoo area continues to see an increase in overnight spending from visitors, which leads to direct economic prosperity for our local community.
Unmasking Masculinity for the 21st Century includes works of art by Kehinde Wiley, Ebony G. Patterson, and JC Lenochan. Before them, before all of them, came Robert Colescott. Despite Colescott’s widespread profound influence on…